What better way to start off a Sunday than a run with this princess.
This is our two year old chocolate lab, Bayah! Today, we set out for a five mile run. Bayah did great and we managed 8:49 minute miles.
Bayah hates to wear a leash so we trained her on an electric collar. If you look close in the picture you can see the small black box around her neck. She runs great on this collar. Bayah sticks pretty close to me on our runs only stopping for a few fire hydrant sniffs. I love when we run past other dogs and Bayah just keeps going, minding her own business while other dog owners struggle to hold back their barking dogs.
We are lucky to have such a well trained dog. I give a lot of that credit to my husband, Adam.
Post run Bayah…
POST RUN FUEL
I love smoothies and over this last year I have been experimenting with lots of different kinds. A good smoothy always tastes great after a good workout.
Here is my recipe for a delicious Banana Peanut Buttercup Smoothy
You Will Need:
- Magic Bullet or Blender- I love the Magic Bullet because it helps with portion control.
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt. I typically like to use Greek Yogurt because it is higher in protein and creamier.
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk. I sometimes use Almond Milk or Skim Milk.
- 1 Heaping TBS of Cream Peanut Butter. More or less to your liking.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Heaping Handful of Spinach. You can use Kale too.
- 5 Ice Cubes
Add all ingredients to the Magic Bullet cup and blend. It may not look too delicious but it is loaded with protein and nutrients.
Does anyone have a good natural substitute for the Chocolate Whey Protein Powder?