- We all have jobs.
- We all have housing payments.
- We all have significant others.
- We all have bills to pay.
- We all have bosses.
- We all have laundry to do.
- We all have in-laws.
- We all have dishes to wash.
- We all have meetings to attend.
- We all have workouts to complete.
- We all have social events to attend.
- We all have deadlines.
We all live very busy lives with lots of commitments to stay accountable to. And sometimes we can feel as though we are stretched too thin and can’t get everything done. I know I do!
I either have to manage my time extremely well or I have to play by the 80/20 Rule, in order to conquer my daily projects.
Today, over a work conversation, a good friend reminded me of the 80/20 rule. And tonight, after work while thinking about all the tasks I needed to complete, I knew I had to sacrifice something or else I wasn’t going to get it all done.
In order to accomplish my goals and get the most out of my day I need to decide which 20% of my “To Do List” is most important and going to have the most impact on my life.
Tips to finding that 20%
- What has to get done?- Identify what is most urgent and most important to complete.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff!
- Delegate- It’s okay to ask for help.
- Find happiness- Do the things that make you most happy.
- Follow your instincts.
Exercise, health, family, friends and chocolate will always be part of my 20%.
What’s your 20%?